Small but mighty.
While taste is subjective, data isn’t. And the numbers show that haskaps can be the next big superfood. Discover all the haskap berry benefits.
Over 3 times as much fibre as a blueberry.
With fewer carbs and nearly identical physical composition.
Get 10 times the Vitamin C, almost 5 times the Calcium, and over twice as much Vitamin A
and Potassium when compared to blueberries. Haskaps are bursting with nutrients.
Polyphenols reduce bad cholesterol, increase good cholesterol, and decrease inflammation.
Haskaps have more than 3 times as much polyphenols as blueberries.
Haskaps have the most antioxidants of any berry on Earth.
4) EFSA Supporting Publications,15(7). (2018).
5) Souza, VRD. (2014).Food Chemistry,156, 362
2) Rupasinghe, HPV et al. (2015).Biomolecules,5(2),1079–1098
3) Gołba, M et al. (2020).Molecules (Basel, Switzerland),25(3), 749
6) Petrova V.P.(1986) Biochimija Dikorastuščich Plodovo—Jagodnych Rastenij.1st ed.Golovnoe Izdateľstvo Objedenija; Kijev, Ukraine:
pp. 260–266. (In Ukraine)
7) Debnath, S. C., & Goyali, J. C. (2020).Molecules (Basel, Switzerland),25(4), 788.
8) Miller, K et al. (2019).Nutrients,11(7), 1510.
9) Leisner, CP et al. (2017).PloS one,12(6), e0179417
10) Celli, Giovana. (2016). (Thesis). Development of an oral delivery system to modulate the release of anthocyanins extracted from haskap berries (Lonicera caeruleaL.).
Resources Council of Science and Technology (Revised Standard tables of Food Composition
Rupasinghe HPV, Yu LJ, Bhullar KS and Bors B. (2012). Haskap (Lonicera caerulea): A new berry crop with high antioxidant capacity. Can. J. Plant Sci., 92: 1311–1317